Audi fastest at the first pre-season DTM test
Audi driver Jamie Green set the pace on the first day of the official pre-season DTM testing at Estoril circuit in Portugal. The British driver was well ahead of the rest of the pack and left behind his teammate Mike Rockenfeller.
Even though the weather conditions were far from perfect due to strong gusty winds, Green was able to deliver a satisfying performance. Rockenfeller notched up the most laps over the course of the day (156), edging out the other Audi driven by Mattias Ekstrom. That took Audi well ahead of Mercedes and BMW in the lap count, with its four drivers amassing 563 laps compared to BMW’s 490 and Mercedes’ 356.
Mercedes duo Paul di Resta and Pascal Wehrlein did manage to get to the top of the order along with the Audi team. They were also joined by 2012 champion Bruno Spengler, who was the only BMW driver to stay away from the bottom of the timesheets.
- Jamie Green (Audi) 1:32.774
- Mike Rockenfeller (Audi) 1:33.173
- Paul di Resta (Mercedes) 1:33.202
- Pascal Wehrlein (Mercedes) 1:33.242
- Mattias Ekstrom (Audi) 1:33.269
- Bruno Spengler (BMW) 1:33.278
- Lucas Auer (Mercedes) 1:33.470
- Maximilian Gotz (Mercedes) 1:33.510
- Adrian Tambay (Audi) 1:33.519
- Augusto Farfus (BMW) 1:33.585
- Martin Tomczyk (BMW) 1:33.755
- Maxime Martin (BMW) 1:34. 087