Howard is the winner of the second race at Oulton Park

Andrew Howard of Beechdean AMR won the second race of British GT championshp at Oulton Park. In the another exciting race, driver of Aston Martin Vantage no. 007 finished with advantage of almost 13 seconds in front of Team LNT’s Steve Tandy and Marco Attard of Ecurie Ecosse.


IN GT4 class the fastest was Oz Yussuf of ISSY Racing. Second place won Jamie Chadwick of Beechdean AMR, while the third was Graham Johnson from first race winning team Optimum Motorsport.




Start of the second race at Oulton Park was furios after Sims has dropped three places as Simpson, Butcher and Osborne leap ahead. After only 30 seconds safety car had to be involved because Team LNT’s Tom Oliphant went out at Island, but that wasn’t serious and race soon after was continued.


Jonathan Adam of Beechdean AMR had a lead of one second in front of first race winner Carrol, while in the GT4 class ISSY Racing’s Gavin Kershaw in Lotus and Tolman Motorsport’s Luke Davenport in Ginetta were in race of their own in GT4.




Soon after, Carrol overpassed Adam and he couldn’t choose better moment. Race leaders went into the traffic of GT4s and Carrol used that to go clear top, leaving Adam in the jam and with more than two seconds behind at the half of the race. Adam had to battle with Team Russia by Barwell’s Phil Keen to keep second place, but BMW driver was punted out by Jones’ Mercedes and went into barriers. That was the end of pretty bad weekend for Barwell team at Oulton Park…


Drivers’ change at the middle of the race made the shuffle at the front. FF Corse had to be stationary for 15 seconds longer, Joe Osborne of Triple Eight Racing also had 5 seconds penalty, so Beechdean AMR took a lead with Andrew Howard in the seat. Aston martin had a huge 13 seconds lead in front of Lee Mowle (Triple Eight) and Liam Griffin (Motorbase Performance). It was obvious there will be huge fight for the places at the podium because reigning champion Marco Attard, Gary Eastwood and Steve Tandy were just seconds behind Mowle and Griffin.




Far less thrilling was the battle in GT4 class in which Yusuf had a comfortable 10seconds lead from McNeilly and Pattison.


Some eight minutes before the end, leading trio in GT3 class was penalised with stop-go penalty, so Steve Tandy in the Ginetta for short time went to the top followed by Sims’ BMW and Eastwood’s Ferrari. Howard’s lead before the penalty was so huge that he went back to the top after serving the ban and without pressure went first through the finish line.






Related Posts