Nissan GT-R LM Nismo is returning to WEC next season


October 2, 2015
Featured, News
Marijan Malcevic


After failure at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans Nissan announced plans to pull out of the World Endurance Championship and now the company has confirmed that their front-engined front-wheel-drive prototype GT-R LM Nismo will return to competition in 2016.

 

They stated that, in an effort to become more competitive and reliable, the car has received multiple changes including new tires created by Michelin.  Despite the modifications, Nissan says the original design principles remain. The company also announced Mike Carcamo will replace Ben Bowlby as Team Principal. Bowlby will now concentrate on his role as technical director.  In a statement, NISMO President Shoichi Miyatani said “We are committed to competing at the highest level, and we are not happy when we are not winning. Racing is a vital part of our DNA, and we will work to get this right.”

 

Nissan conducted a test in Austin last week with Olivier Pla and Harry Tincknell driving. According to Nissan’s officials the car, running without hybrid power as at Le Mans, went significantly faster than it previously and did not experience any significant reliability issues.

Related Posts