The end of the story: No German GP this year
Germany will not stage a round of this year’s world championship after the FIA (Formula 1 race’s governing body) issued a revised calendar on Friday featuring 19 races.
Germany had been due to hold the 10th round of the 2015 season on July 19th, although uncertainity had surrounded whether Hockenheim or Nurburgring, which had previously shared the race under alternation agreement, would be the choosen venue.
The change of the calendar means there will be now a three-week gap between the races in Great Britain and Hungary, which will play host to Formula 1 racing in the first and last weekends of July, respectively.
“The German Grand Prix has been withdrawn as the CRH and promoter did not reach agreement”, the short FIA statement said.
Georg Seiler, the managing director of the Hockenheim circuit, earleir this week said that time had run out to organise the race and was concerned about crowd interest and ticket sales.