Borkovic switches to ETCC


April 24, 2015
Featured, News
Alexander S


Dusan Borkovic explained that he had to withdraw from the World Touring Car Championship for security reasons and added that he would be back soon.

 

Borkovic’s next destination will be European Touring Car Championship in which he make his comeback at the Hungaroring on the first weekend in May.

 

“Last month was the hardest in my life. Because of the problems with the seat in the Honda, I suffered great pain, and you also know that my father died. He was my great supporter and I am sure he would be standing by my decision to withdraw from the WTCC. I would not be able to gamble with my health and career. I know that in front of me are at least another 10 years of the competition,” said Borkovic at a press conference in Belgrade.

 

borkovic-marrakech

 

Serbian ace, who made a debut in the WTCC last year, said this wasn’t an easy decision.

 

“I feel frustrated and betrayed. Last year I had the opportunity that opens once in the life. After just one season in the ETCC I get a chance to be a part of the World Championships. I learned a lot which I proved with the podium finish in Japan. I could not take it anymore and in agreement with the sponsors, I decided to switch to ETCC. But it is not definitive withdrawal from the WTCC. I’ll be back, that’s sure,” said Borkovic.

 

In the ETCC, 207 tall Serbian will drive the latest model of Seat for the NIS Petrol Racing team.

Related Posts