Audi says 'No' to Formula 1


May 21, 2015
Featured, News
Alexander S


Speculations about Audi’s entry into Formula 1 are ended after German manufacturer denied any interest going into biggest motorsport competition.

 

Audi boss Rupert Stadler in an interview to Handlesblatt newspapers said that Formula 1 first has to resolve problems of their own alluding to complants about the lack of engine rules stability. He also ruled out possibility deal with Red Bull to replace Renault. Stadler previously said that Audi looks his options to enter in the Formula 1, but not in this moment.

 

So, Audi will will likely continue to race sports car prototypes in the World Endurance Championship in which have a lot of success and seeks for the new victory at 24 hours of Le Mans race next month.

Red Bull team now must seek for some new solutions if they want to stay in Formula 1. Same stands for the competition which desperately needs some fresh blood in the time when some rule changes are already announced.

Related Posts