Break or the end of negotiations between Toro Rosso and Renault


August 5, 2015
Featured, News
Alexander S


  • Franz Tost Toro Rosso Formula 1

Talking to the Formula 1’s official website, Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost said he didn’t know whether Renault was still interested in purchasing his team.

The two sides had been negotiating a takeover, but the initial talks have quite down now and Tost is of the opinion that the French manufacturer decided to purchase some other team interested in a potential takeover. People in Toro Rosso had thought that becoming a manufacturer team could be a step forward, but things are now quiet and the outcome is not looking good for them.

“I can only say what has happened over the past months in connection with Renault and Toro Rosso. They visited us in Faenza in Bicester but over the last few weeks things have been quiet, so I assume that they have decided to buy another team,” said Tost who is unsure how that will reflect on the team’s future.

 

“How that would influence Toro Rosso we have to see. We have to wait for Renault’s move and announcement. Then we have to discuss a programme that fits the requests and needs of Toro Rosso,” concluded Tost.

 

Photo: formula1.com

Related Posts