Contract extension for Sauber drivers
Formula 1 team Sauber announced on Thursday that both drivers, Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson, have extended their contracts.
After a solid rookie season, the Brazilian and the Swede will again be part of the drivers line-up for the Swiss team in the 2016 FIA Formula 1 World Championship.
“We are pleased about extension of the contracts with Marcus and Felipe. This early point in time shows that the drivers and the team are sure they are heading in the right direction. We have full confidence in their talents and skills. Both have shown solid performances, gained experience and learnt quckly. We enjoy having them in the team and they give it a positive boost. Despite their young ages, they work very professionaly – on as well of the track. Marcus and Felipe are already involved in a very dedicated way with the development of next year’s Sauber C35,” said Team Principal, Monisha Kaltenborn.
“It is great to be driving another season for the Sauber Formula 1 Team. The extension of the contract is an important step in my career. During the first half of the season, in what is my rookie year, I was able to gain a lot of experience from a driving perspective as well as on the personal side. Finishing fifth at my first ever Formula 1 race in Melbourne has been my career’s highlight so far. Now I am looking forward to the second half of the season. My objective is to support the team as best as I can, and also with regard to the development of the new car,” told 24-year-old Nasr.
“I am very happy that Sauber F1 Team has put its trust in my potential for another season. Up to now I have some good memories of my first year with the long standing Swiss team. We had a great start from the very beginning, and it is worth mentioning my first points in Formula 1 that I scored right away during the season-opener. I am getting to know everyone within the team more and more, and I feel I am being appreciated as a valuable driver. I feel honoured to be part of the Sauber Motorsport family and I will continue to do my very best to succeed,” said 22-year-old Ericsson.
Photo: www.grandprix247.com, www.formula1.com