Daniel Abt set a new record lap time
Daniel Abt set the new record time during the third day of official Formula E pre-season testing at Donington Park.
ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport driver set the time of 1:30.250, what is almost a second better than time set by Sebastien Buemi last week’s final day of testing.
“I was motivated by Buemi’s words when he said that 1:29 time is possible. It was a positive day, there was no stopping on track and that is the main thing. That meant I could just drive and performance wise we were really good,” said Daniel Abt after session.
Renault e.dams driver Nicolas Prost had second best lap time, while the third was DS Virgin Racing’s Sam Bird who just 0.002 seconds behind Prost. Jacques Villeneuve hugely improved finishing fifth after he was last during the last week tests.
Nicolas Lapierre debuted for Team Aguri driving total of 80 laps, most of all drivers. Trulli and Andretti team, just like it was the case last week, again failed to complete a single lap, while the reigning champion Nelson Piquet Jr. had some technical troubles during the session, so he had worst result, 7.2 seconds behind Abt.
FIA Formula E Championship – Donington Park – Pre-season testing (Day 3) results:
1. Daniel Abt (ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport) 1:30.250
2. Nicolas Prost (Renault e.dams) +0.771
3. Sam Bird (DS Virgin Racing) +0.773
4. Loic Duval (Dragon Racing) +0.894
5. Jacques Villeneuve (Venturi) +0.943
6. Stephane Sarrazin (Venturi) +1.430
7. Bruno Senna (Mahindra Racing) +1.446
8. Nick Heidfeld (Mahindra Racing) +1.555
9. Nicolas Lapierre (Team Aguri) +2.444
10. Sebastien Buemi (Renault e.dams) +5.068
11. Oliver Turvey (NEXTEV TCR) +6.523
12. Nelson Piquet Jr (NEXTEV TCR) +7.210
13. Simona de Silvestro (Andretti) no time set
14. Jarno Trulli (Trulli) no time set