DTM pre-season tests: Glock fastest in Spain
All DTM teams completed three-day pre-season tests at Circuito Monteblanco in Spain. BMW driver Timo Glock set the best lap result, while the Audi drivers covered the biggest mileage.
Driving BMW M4 DTM, Glock set fastest lap time during the last day of tests, while Mattias Ekstrom was the fastest man on the track in Audi RS5 during the first two days. Ten drivers were involved in three trainig sessions – two in Audi and four in BMW and Mercedes-AMG C63. The Stuttgarters suffered technical difficulties, so they couldn’t complete as many laps as they planned.
Bad luck for Mercedes
The two Audi drivers, Jamie Green and Ekstrom, covered the biggest mileage over the course of the three days of testing, alltogether 3.175 kilometres. Bruno Spengler, Marco Wittmann, Timo Glock and Augusto Farfus in BMW jointly covered 2.836 kilometres, while the Mercedes drivers Christian Vietoris, Robert Wickens, Paul Di Resta and Gary Paffett had to settle for a clearly lower covered distance of 1.799 kilometres.
The fastest laps of all the drivers involved in the tests
1. Timo Glock (BMW) 1:21.311
2. Mattias Ekstrom (Audi) 1:21.429
3. Marco Wittmann (BMW) 1:21.530
4. Robert Wickens (Mercedes) 1:21.653
5. Jamie Green (Audi) 1:21.711
6. Paul Di Resta (Mercedes) 1:21.836
7. Bruno Spengler (BMW) 1:22.000
8. Gary Paffett (Mercedes) 1:22.062
9. Augusto Farfus (BMW) 1:22.278
10. Christian Vietoris (Mercedes) 1:22.710
Teams and drivers will have the next opportunity to test their cars in April. while the season starts on 7th of May at Hockenheim.