How Long Should Windshield Wipers Last on a 2017 Toyota Corolla
Toyotas are built to last, but different components need to be repaired or replaced periodically as part of general maintenance. Wipers are vital to safe driving, and 2017 Toyota Corolla wiper blades should be periodically inspected to ensure they are in good condition. If they are worn and not functioning well, it is time to install new windshield wiper blades.
How To Replace Your Windshield Wipers
When your Toyota Corolla wiper blades need to be changed, choose quality replacements. Always check your owner’s manual first to ensure an easy procedure that is done correctly for your particular vehicle. To proceed, follow these steps:
- Turn on your wipers, stopping them at the midway point so you can reach them easily.
- Lift your wipers up and back from the windshield. This step should be easy. Do not pull or yank the wipers. The wiper arms should be positioned away from the windshield. For extra caution, you can place a piece of cardboard on the windshield under the wiper arms to prevent any accidental damage to it while you change the blades.
- Before removing your current wiper blades, pay attention to how they are positioned in the wiper arms so you can quickly and correctly install the new wiper blades.
- The 2017 Toyota Corolla has a small hook on the wiper arms that attaches and secures the blades to the arms. Wiper blade manufacturers use various types of attachments to connect with the hooks. Look closely for a latch mechanism or some sort of button that will allow you to lift the old blades from the arms and slide them off.
- New wiper blades made for your Toyota year and model will have a specific opening to attach to the small hook on the wiper arm. Gently push the new blade onto the arm hook without forcing it. When it is completely in place, you should hear a click.
- Check all connections again before lowering the wiper arms back down into contact with the windshield.
Installing new wiper blades is not a time-consuming task, but it can make a huge difference when you must drive in the rain.
Importance of Having Working Wipers
Keeping your 2017 Toyota Corolla in good condition requires regular checks. You may be wondering how often to replace windshield wipers. There is no one set answer for how long wiper blades last. Generally, you should inspect them when you change the oil in your car. Many manufacturers recommend changing the wiper blades every six to 12 months.
Depending on the region where you live, however, you may need to make an effort to replace the wiper blades at least twice every year. This is especially relevant if you live in a region that gets a lot of rain. At the very least, consider replacing your wiper blades at the start of every autumn season, when rain is more likely in most regions.
Shop for Windshield Wiper Blades Today
When you need to replace your car’s windshield wiper blades, you can shop at an auto parts store online. Keep yourself and other drivers safe by replacing old, worn-out wiper blades. Enjoy low prices and quality products from a trusted auto parts store.