Bird fastest on penultimate day of Formula E pre-season
DS Virgin Racing driver Sam Bird set the pace during the penultimate FIA Formula E pre-season test at the Donington Park.
After e.dams Renault drivers were the fastest during the first week’s tests and ABT Schaeffler set the pace during second week, there was another team that managed to “win” a session. Bird’s lap time of 1:30.451s was set during the early afternoon and couldn’t be beaten as the weather was cold, rainy and windy. Lucas Di Grassi finished 0.3s behind the British driver, while Dragon Racing’s Loic Duval was third.
Only 12 drivers took part in the penultimate pre-season test. Andretti and Trulli teams once again stayed in a garage, so it will be interesting to see if they’ll be ready for Tuesday, the sixth and final day before the season opener in Beijing on October 17.
Official pre-season FIA Formula E testing Donington Park (Day 5) results:
1. Sam Bird (DS Virgin Racing) 1:30.451
2. Lucas di Grassi (ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport) 1:30.772
3. Loic Duval (Dragon Racing) 1:32.022
4. Jacques Villeneuve (Venturi) 1:32.154
5. Jerome D’Ambrosio (Dragon Racing) 1:33.419
6. Stephane Sarrazin (Venturi) 1:33.569
7. Sebastien Buemi (Renault e.dams) 1:33.883
8. Oliver Turvey (NEXTEV TCR) 1:34.203
9. Nick Heidfeld (Mahindra Racing) 1:34.501
10. Nathanael Berthon (Team Aguri) 1:34.739
11. Nicolas Prost (Renault e.dams) 1:34.895
12. Bruno Senna (Mahindra Racing) 1:35.611