Di Grassi beats Abt's record
Daniel Abt’s record lap time set on Monday during official Formula E pre-season tests at Donington Park lasted only one day. His teammate Lucas Di Grassi was first to record a time in 1:29s.
Brazilian driver of ABT Schaeffler Sport Audi team set a lap time of 1:29.920 during the fourth day of testing, thus beating Sebastien Buemi by almost half a second. Mahindra Racing’s Bruno Senna set the third best time.
“I have to say that going for the time is not as important as working on the reliability of the car. Of course working on the performance is important, but we know that performance here doesn’t necessarily translate to what we will see at other tracks. I think the lap time shows promise and it s good to know that our package is running well at 200 kW,” said Di Grassi after Tuesday’s session.
Nathanael Berton was a new face in this testing. GP2 race winner had his first run for Team Aguri. On the other side, Andretti and Trulli are still coping with troubles. Simona De Silvestro finally managed to complete a full lap without stopping, but failed to to set a representative result. Both Trulli cars stayed in garage again and they can only hope to be ready for the final pre-season tests on August 24th and 25th at Donington Park.
FIA Formula E Championship – Donington Park – Pre-season testing (Day 4) results:
1. Lucas di Grassi (ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport) 1:29.920
2. Sebastien Buemi (Renault e.dams) +0.462
3. Bruno Senna (Mahindra Racing) +0.750
4. Nick Heidfeld (Mahindra Racing) +0.754
5. Nicolas Prost (Renault e.dams) +0.757
6. Jean-Eric Vergne (DS Virgin Racing) +1.005
7. Jerome D’Ambrosio (Dragon Racing) +1.224
8. Nathanael Berthon (Team Aguri) +1.265
9. Stephane Sarrazin (Venturi) +1.321
10. Jacques Villeneuve (Venturi) +1.569
11. Nelson Piquet Jr (NEXTEV TCR) +4.213
12. Oliver Turvey (NEXTEV TCR) +5.850
13. Jarno Trulli (Trulli) no time set
14. Simona de Silvestro (Andretti) no time set