Prost fastest during last pre-season testing
Renault e.dams driver Nicolas Prost was the fastest during last Formula E pre-season testing at Donington Park.
During the morning session Frenchman set the lap time 1:30.513s which couldn’t be beaten in the afternoon session because of heavy rain. Prost was able to test a car with the power of 170 kW, which is the planned race power for the second Formula E season.
“For me and my driving style I think it’s better to have more power. It makes it a lot nicer to drive. 170 kw makes it more challenging. Anyway, we had really positive last two days, reliablity was also very good, so I am very happy, but not over-confident,” told Prost after test.
In the pretty close session, Prost’s teammate Sebastien Buemi had second best result, while the third was Jerome D’Ambrosio. For the first time in the pre-season, Trulli car managed to complete a lap, but result was far from representative, but Andretti team finally completed a few laps switching to previous season technology and had solid times.
Pre-season testing, Day 6, results:
1. Nicolas Prost (Renault e.dams) 1:30.513
2. Sebastien Buemi (Renault e.dams) 1:30.801
3. Jerome D’Ambrosio (Dragon Racing) 1:30.860
4. Bruno Senna (Mahindra Racing) 1:30.869
5. Stephane Sarrazin (Venturi) 1:30.923
6. Jean-Eric Vergne (DS Virgin Racing) 1:30.997
7. Loic Duval (Dragon Racing) 1:31.259
8. Robin Frijns (Andretti) 1:31.434
9. Jacques Villeneuve (Venturi) 1:31.895
10. Stefano Coletti (Team Aguri) 1:32.573
11. Simona de Silvestro (Andretti) 1:33.180
12. Nelson Piquet Jr (NEXTEV TCR) 1:33.679
13. Daniel Abt (ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport) 1:34.384
14. Nick Heidfeld (Mahindra Racing) 1:36.176
15. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Trulli) no time set
The second season of Formula E starts with the Beijing ePrix on October 17.